Downtown Tinley Park business owners and community leader meet the second Thursday of each month at 8am for a general meeting that includes updates on events, announcements, a training session and more. Downtown Tinley also has 3 active committees: Marketing & Events, Business Retention & Education and Business Attraction. The Marketing & Events Committee normally meets the first Wednesday of each month. Below is an outline of each committee and a list of the current committee members. Please note that the Business Retention and Business Attraction committees have not yet been formed. If you would like to get involved in one or more of the committees please contact Cathy Maloney at
or Donna Framke, Marketing Director for the Village of Tinley Park at
Downtown Tinley Park Business Meeting
Meetings: The second Thursday of each month at 8am at the VFW Post 2791 located at 17147 S. Oak Park Avenue Tinley Park, IL 60477 Phone 708-532-2333
Members: All Downtown Tinley Park business owners, their staff and all Tinley Park community leaders are invited to join us each month. If you are not receiving the monthly invitation that is sent via mail and email, please email Cathy Maloney at
to get on the list.
Marketing & Events Committee
Meetings: Dates TBD, 11:30am at Ed & Joe's
Marketing Committee Responsibilities/Activities:
- Create 12 months promotional calendar.
- Designate project leaders and volunteers for each event.
- Oversee the graphic design of promotional materials.
- Keep track of marketing materials related to each event.
- Participate in review meetings following each event.
- Contact business owners to encourage participation in marketing and events.
Marketing Committee Members
Chris Beele, Judy Bruning, Ellen Clark, Michael Clark, Julie Dekker, Kurt Dekker, Steve Eberhardt, Mike Ebner, Donna Framke, Jim Fuentes, Sean Hughes, Carmen Luna, Cathy Maloney, Jo Ann Maloney, John McAuliffe, Deb Melchert, Karen Moran, Sue Pall, Clint Paraday, Diana Petrauskis, Vicki Sanchez, Dan Stumpf, Karen Wegrzyn, Kathie Wyman, Amanda Young and Tonya Zekas.
Business Retention & Education Committee
Business Retention & Education Committee Responsibilities/Activities
- Create business owners surveys.
- Identify business education topics.
- Act as technology coaches to Downtown Tinley business owners.
- Create and implement a Business Visitation Schedule.
Business Attraction Committee
Business Attraction Committee Responsibilities/Activities
- Contact Downtown Tinley available property owners/brokers on a quarterly basis. Divide the list by the number of members in the group and plan to reach out to each one via phone, email or in some cases a personal meeting. Committee members should take their list and divide it among the twelve weeks so that the number of calls per month is not too overwhelming.
- Review the commercial inventory summary and survey to determine and create a list of what shops, restaurants and service businesses are missing from the neighborhood. Analyze the recent ESRI Retail Marketplace Profile for Downtown Tinley Park statistical data on the area.
- Call or email target prospects and keeping track of who was contacted and what their response was to avoid reaching out to the same prospect more than once.
- Designate a subcommittee to create the post card and signs that will be placed in the windows of available properties to encourage prospective business owners to contact the downtown.
- Form a subcommittee to plan the broker event.
- Identify spaces appropriate for window art displays. Contact the property owner/broker for permission and reach out to local artists who want to display their work or create something for the site.